OEC’s Language Courses
We are excited to offer a fun and practical approach to learning the Czech language that will help you navigate everyday situations with confidence.
Come learn Czech in a relaxed, air-conditioned, pet-friendly office situated in the heart of our city.
And the best thing about it? You’ll get to study in a supportive environment of like-minded expats where you can learn at your own pace. You also needn’t worry about having to prove the 3 months’ worth of knowledge at a strict final test, there won’t be any.
Our instructors appreciate your self-initiative, so they are offering access to a Facebook group called ‘Czech Thursdays’ where you can find extra study materials and other cool resources. It’s entirely optional, so feel free to join if you’re interested.
Currently are offering the Beginners 1 course. Here’s a quick summary of what awaits you:
- Course Dates: September 13th to November 29th
- Course Fee: 2,899 CZK
- Schedule: Once a week, on Wednesdays, for a 90-minute lesson – 4:30 pm – 6 pm
- All course materials thoughtfully provided by OEC
- Convenient payment options: bank transfer or credit card at our friendly office
- Bonus! Access to our exclusive FB group, where you’ll find all the study materials, so you can keep learning and practising from the comfort of your home, even if you happen to miss a class.
- Register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The course that you are interested in is not available yet? Register to our waiting list and let us know what course you need.
Introducing Zdenka – Your new language teacher! Her passion for the Czech language and literature led her to pursue studies at the University of Ostrava. Since 2016, Zdenka has been sharing her expertise, teaching Czech to foreigners, and serving on the examination board for Czech Citizenship (2016 – 2023).
“My biggest hobby is currently my three-year-old daughter and I also enjoy reading and teaching”
With a focus on precision and clarity, she creates an engaging learning environment that encourages her students to embrace the Czech language. Join Mluv Česky and start learning!
Take action now! Secure your spot while there are still openings, and begin your Czech language learning journey. Immerse yourself in the rich culture and traditions of our city and country as you dive deeper into the learning experience.
- Where? The courses take place in Ostrava Expat Centre (Tyršova 20, within walking distance to the Elektra tram stop)
- How long are the courses? The courses last 3 months and it is possible to continue with a follow-up course.
- How long is one lecture and how often? Once a week for 90 minutes.
- How many students are in the group? There are up to 10 students in the group.
- What is the price for a 3-month course? Prices start from CZK 2,799 per course.
- How can I pay? You can pay by card or by bank transfer.
- What courses do we offer? See above for current open courses, a description of previous other courses is available here.