1st May Romantic Poetry Eve
- Did you know that 1st of May is for the Czechs a ROMANTIC LOVE FESTIVAL?
- The Czech habit is to go out on 1st May during the day and to KISS one’s romantic partner UNDER A BLOSSOMING CHERRY TREE. But in the evening?
- In the evening let’s celebrate together spring time, the “TIME OF LOVE&ROMANCE”, by listening to and reading famous love poems in Czech + in the English translation.
- Enjoy a relaxing evening with a small group of other poetry lovers on ZOOM with Lucy as your guide. You can read-along (especially if you want/need to practice Czech) or just listen, watch and enjoy.
- Free of charge!
- Entry here: https://zoom.us/j/8671489931
- “It was a late evening – the 1st of May – the evening May – the time for love…” this is the beginning of the famous Czech romantic poem “Máj”.
- Get ready and download poems here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HN-CVj4_wVLwj8Tcg_iMmbMwoTPb4NB2/edit