Why Ostrava and Moravian-Silesian Region?
Moravian-Silesian Region is capitalising on its industrial history and is undergoing a transformation towards an economy built on technical knowledge. The capital of MSR – Ostrava – is the industrial, administrative, commercial and educational heart of the 2nd largest urban agglomeration after Prague in the Czech Republic.
Those are key factors for your business:
- A strategic location near the Polish and Slovak borders, offering excellent transport infrastructure including an international airport.
- 2nd largest agglomeration with more than 5 million people in 100 km radius.
- Excellent credit rating. The City of Ostrava was awarded an Aa3 rating (stable) and Moravian-Silesian Region A1 rating (stable) by Moody’s in July 2021.
- 5 universities (27 000 university students), 5+ foreign-language schools and foreigner-friendly schools – a well-educated, trained and highly flexible workforce.
- An excellent business environment has attracted major foreign investors to Ostrava and the region:
- A strong infrastructure for research, development and innovation – National Supercomputing Centre, 250+ companies with in-house R&D centres.
- A high quality of life with great opportunities for culture and sport.